Sunday, February 6, 2011

Backyard Fun!



FamilyConnectionSummerbutton5









I've seen some pretty fancy backyard fire places- but we are quite happy with our little "hole in the ground" - it even has fancy sea shells around the edges to dress it up a bit! Our inspiration came from all the fun and enjoyment we experience while sitting around the campfire.  Point is- instead of waiting until we're able to do everything we want to make ourselves a little backyard paradise (read- spend a pile of money ) we're going ahead and enjoying what we have......which is a perfectly good hole in the ground.



What this hole in the ground has provided us with it yet another affordable and fun way to spend family time. We would love to run off and go camping and boating every weekend- unfortunately that isn't always possible, but (even on a week night) we can sit outside for a little while and talk about our day and just simply enjoy time together.

We are especially thankful to have a beautiful view out back, although once the sun goes down the view isn't required for fireside fun. Any 'ole hole in the ground will sufice! I encourage you to consider a project like this for your own family yard.

Maybe one day we'll have a pool and a fancy outdoor kitchen with outdoor furniture that looks like it's fresh out of a magazine. (Yes, I already have it all pictured in my head.) For now, I have to say- the family time and the marshmallows are just as sweet!

13 comments:

Holly G said...

That is a wonderful idea! Someday, when we actually have something that could be considered a backyard, we might have to try it out!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving those kind comments - they are always appreciated!!

Unknown said...

That looks perfect to me!!

Tonya said...

I really want to try to do something like this when (if) summer arrives in NH!

Grammy T. said...

I loved your blog!!

Simplifying in the South said...

I love the fire pit! We have recently been using ours a lot, and I'm so thankful for it. There is nothing like sitting around a fire with friends and s'mores :)

Laura's Last Post: A Splash of Color

Young Adventures... said...

The kids love our fire pit! It is a really nice way to spend quality time together. I'm glad you guys are enjoying yours. Have a wonderful week.

Mandy said...

Oh we LOVE backyard fires! We don't even have a fire pit at all lol we just have a 'burn spot' that we always use. The hotdogs and marshmallows don't seem to know the difference.. ;)

MOV said...

I love this. My husband has started doing this too with our two sons. They have a blast.
MOV

Deanna said...

Aww - I love it! We also have a hole in the ground! We finally just purchased a pit thiny to put around it instead of rocks. We love it.

Unknown said...

So much fun!! We have a chiminaera that my hubby loves to light up :) It's lovely being outside together!!

I just love that view you have!

Thanks for linking up :)

Missional Mama said...

What a great idea! You have me thinking as I it will be cold this weekend, that would be a fun evening activity! You do have a neat view too!

Thanks so much for linking up with us!!
Amy @ Missional Mama

Lisa W. said...

I like your thinking! I can't imagine what our life would be like if we always waited "until...." We'd spend way too much time just waiting and not enjoying the days we have. Your children will cherish these evenings for sure.

Thanks so much for linking up!
Lisa @CreativLEI

MomLaur said...

SO love campfires! Wish they weren't illegal here in the "City" ....gotta wait for camping then!