Saturday, June 11, 2011

Five Questions -



1. How close to your childhood dreams is your life now?

I love this question because..... I love my answer!

In case you are not aware- I live in a small island community on the Southwest coast of Florida- what a lot of people are not aware of ........ is that I used to walk on these beaches as a child- beginning at the age of 7 - when I was here on vacation with my family.

 As I walked on these beaches (in between singing the lyrics to "Annie" at the top of my lungs- it's not very crowded here) I would pray and ask God to let me have my own family here.

 I prayed that I would some day live here at the beach that has always been so dear to my heart & share it with a husband who adores me and children to collect sea shells and play in the sand with!

I feel so very blessed to have my dream come true and my heart-felt prayer answered!

2. What is one must have item for the summer?

Access to WATER! (the kind you swim in- not drink-
 although I guess one wouldn't be any good without the other)


3. Do you have your kids stay up on school stuff during summer vacation? (Or, if you don't have kiddos, did your parents make you keep up on school stuff during summer?)

We like to pretend that school isn't a "must do" kind of thing. We make it fun & interesting - especially during the summer - Like tracking sea turtle nests......

4. Do you can or freeze fresh produce?

I have done both- mostly though - we just eat it! We can pretty much grown it year round here- even in little pots on the porch when it is just too hot.

5. Do you get ready for the day first thing in the morning?

In the morning.......... next question. (heheee)
I actually try not to get dressed at all- I prefer to go from PJ's to bathing suite - then back to PJ's!

7 comments:

Jill said...

Your beautiful childhood dream and prayers were answered. How wonderful!

Tonya said...

How amazing that your prayers were answered! I wish I had that type of faith!

Jen said...

awesome how God answers prayers :)

I was astounded when I decided to first home school many years ago now (I home schooled my daughter for 2.5 years ago about 12 years ago) at the number of resources I already had collected over the years to start her off. It was like God had prepared me in advance :) :) :)

liked your answers :)

Ill be in touch via email soon :)

Colleen said...

Thanks for jumping over and checking out my blog.

I can't imagine life along a beach. Sounds like so much fun to be able to walk along the beach and collect seashells.

Life in a Barn said...

Okay, so I loved your last one. PJ's to swim suit, to PJ's. How bad is it when sometimes mine is just PJ's? My kids ask where are we going when I change them out of pj's into clothes. Thats bad right?

Unknown said...

Kell- I'm laughing cause I had to make a rule that everyone HAD to actually dress for the day- but, bathing suits count for dressing for us- I have some really cute coverups! :)

Mine ran around in just their diapers when they were little- we even dressed up with t-shirts sometimes!

Ann Jones said...

I like the last answer, I have many days where my PJ's stay on most of the day :) New follower from bloggy moms, you can find me at
http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/
Have a great evening!