Saturday, November 5, 2011

Trials Which Bring the Grace



It's been a "trying" past week or so - We have most definitely been under attack.
 I'm not only speaking in spiritual metaphor- we have, literally been attacked by
someone whom we trusted- someone our family reached out to with love- someone
we made regular sacrifices for. Someone we loved and supported.

It's been difficult. I've prayed a lot, and you know what? God showed up.

He used some of you even to show me His love - you may not even be aware of it.
You may not know that the kind comment you left was read just after the pain came.
You may not even know that the funny tweet you sent lifted my spirits at precisely the
right time- or that in a time of crisis, the email, note, phone call, comment you left was
God's way of showing me that His love is all around.

 God showed up this week right when I needed Him- and He is reaching me-reaching
others through you when you let Him.
Thank you- for prayers, friendship, laughter, tears. Thank you for encouragement, faith,
 a sweet spirit, and a great sense of humor.

This past week I've been extremely grateful for some very special sisters in Christ who will pray
even when they don't know why. Prayer warriors who will hit their knees for another in need.
It's in the trials that we see the grace. 
Without the troubles - we don't notice the contrast - it's just not as clear.

This past week - God's grace for me came through you. Thank you! Let's keep spreading
His love- uplifting- encouraging- wonderful  GRACE! I'm all wrapped up in it-




#24 -  reflections in the water
#25- colors of nature
#26- boys who wrestle and chase and spit and jump
#27- the gentle breeze bringing cooler weather to a hot Florida climate
#28- outdoor movies and special friends
#29- food that's cooked outside and meant to be shared
#30- sweet friends who pray & encourage during times of pain
#31- the trials which bring the Grace!

also linking with Sweet Shot Tuesday - because I love the above picture -
and this one that make me think of God's love, His peace, His grace:


The thing that is Fabulous about this photo: it was taken a couple of months ago at 
Warm Mineral Springs - Where my Walker (the one in the pic by the lake) 
accepted Christ as his Savior and became a "new creature" like this butterfly he pointed out to me! 

and this flower which was also there in the park the day my baby was re-born:

 

Thank you- Darcy from My3Boybarians 
For hosting:  Sweet Shot Tuesday!


John 1: 14  
"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory,
 glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth."


Have a Beautiful Week! 

If you have a chance - I'd LOVE it if you would consider hopping over to the 
HSBA to cast a vote or two my direction - It's the 2011 Homeschool Blog Awards 
 I'm  thrilled and honored to have been nominated in two different categories! 
"Best Field Trip/Nature Blog" and "Best Photos"
there are some wonderful Homeschool mamas out there! 

14 comments:

Talysa said...

That book changed my life. :-)

MJ said...

So sorry your family was hurt Kelli, but your strong faith has certainly pulled you through.
I actually wanted to say thank you for your kind words in support of me the other day--and now I can return the favor and I can wish you love and strength...
hope the weekend brings more sunshine than rain...
xoxo

Unknown said...

Aaaww, MJ- there really is more sunshine than rain- and even sunshine IN the rain :) Thank you!

Rebecca said...

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. - 1 Cor 13:13. Your love for others and the Father is so beautiful. It is in His love that we lift one another up-so that none can boast! Love you, sweet friend. One day soon, this clan will travel south and what a beautiful list we will write in the grains of sand together! That butterfly and re-birth- what a glorious gift!

Michelle said...

Oh, Kelli,
I really do need to be coming here every day. I did not realize how much alike we are! Not that I'm going through anything bad right now. I'm not. I will be praying for you though. I'm glad that you can realize that God will get you through these things. Because he absolutely will!

Michelle said...

Oh! And the pictures are gorgeous!!

Kristie said...

I'm sorry that you've been under attack. It's encouraging, though, to see what a great attitude you have and that you recognize God all around you :)...and what beautiful pictures!

Christina said...

"It's in the trials that we see grace." So true. We too are enjoying the cooler Florida air (as relative as that is:) Blessings to you and yours!

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

I just saw your blog at the Homeschool Blog Awards and decided to come check you out. I can see why you are nominated for best pictures - GORGEOUS!

I am your newest follower and would love for you to follow me back, if you want to =-)
Beth

Kara Chupp said...

I'm so sorry Kelli...
Love that you were wrapped in God's love even in the midst of the hurt.
The photos in this post are so beautiful.
Love,
K

carol l mckenna said...

Awesome photos! Wonderfully done ~ Yes, the Spirit is within and all around us ~ Happy Week ~ thanks, namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor) Happy SST ^_^

Erika B said...

Oh, I just love that first shot! Perfect!

Erika B

Susan said...

What an amazing testimony to the faithfulness of our God.

I'm so grateful for the body of Christ too.

Your pictures are beautiful.

Hope you have a blessed day today!

Theresa said...

Beautiful photos!

I love that book.

I am sorry to hear about the hurt, but so glad that you have the comfort of God during this time.