Saturday, February 4, 2012

Adoption Stories From Around The Web


The Geagels are another family whom God has blessed through adoption - Here is their story: 


For as long as I can remember I have had a desire to adopt. I thought it was something that was just for families who could not have children and I kept hoping something would just fall into my lap so that I could adopt too. Then I met my husband who happened to have two adopted siblings (he was a biological child) and I realized that adoption was a possibility for my future. From the day we got married we always knew adoption was something that we would do, we just thought that it was something that would come much later on in life, after our birth children were older. Then we had two sons who I was staying home with and we decided to go ahead and look into it. Since I was already home it seemed to make sense to just keep going. As we began to research adoption the enormous need became oh so clear to us and we HAD to do something. We were young, too young for some adoption programs and we had two kids who were 1 and 2. We really thought the agency was just going to laugh at us when we called . . . . . . .


God blessed the Geagels through adoption and learn more about the 
Upcoming exciting new movie: RESCUED

banner


Adoption is an issue close to my heart. 
We'd been praying for a child who was in trouble - as a matter of fact - 
I even went to court advocating for him. 
I had no idea at the time that I was advocating for my son 
We had no idea what God had in store for us.




When we got a phone call four years ago about this baby in trouble, it took all of about 
two minutes before my husband said, "You'd better go get him". 
I was on a plane the next morning. 


My son was 8 months old when I first held him in my arms. 
God completed our family through the miracle of adoption. 


The movie RESCUED 
hit me right in the heart! 
I think you're going to love it and we could use the help spreading the message! 
(please)
Pre- order your copy today for your church groups and more: 


banner




The Pelsers

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh goodness... I'm going to cry through this entire movie. Thanks for sharing your story! :)

Ross said...

Such a good post! It hits so close to home because we have two daughters that we adopted.

Unknown said...

Thank you both for commenting - the message of adoption is one that needs to be shared!

Mary Prather said...

Kelli ~ I got to make faces at the sweetest baby girl on Thursday! She has just been brought home by her forever family from Latvia... and was at our co op for the first time. As I looked around the room I saw the many children that have been adopted in our group and it was very powerful.

God bless you - your heart for adoption and your family just radiates through your posts! All children DESERVE and NEED an advocate!