Wednesday, October 5, 2011

#31days of Exploring God's Creation- Day 6- Camp Kitchen and Printable


Welcome! I'm truly glad you're here-
I'm participating in a #31days of . . . series 
started by Nessy of  "Nesting Place"
and Darcy of "My3boybarians"
There are actually hundreds of 
bloggers participating in this 
challenge to dig a little deeper by 
posting on the same topic for 31 days straight
Throughout the month of October 
I'll be bringing you posts about
"Exploring God's Creation"
Getting the Family Out in the Great Outdoors









Day #6
Camp Kitchen List and Printable
* More Tips and Tricks of the trade! 



I've been asked (more times than I can count) about how I manage
to pull off  my last minute camping trips. Friends laugh at me - 
especially when I do things like this  - my last minute wild hairs some-
times land us on some wonderful adventures! 


* The #1 way I'm able to throw it together so quickly and head off 
into the sunset - is that I keep my "camp kitchen" bin (just your
standard plastic storage bin with lid) all packed up and ready to go! 

 


Our little piece of paradise 
on a last minute adventure we will never forget!



 *  From my camping bin- camp coffee pot, aluminum bowl 
(for washing dishes) lantern w/propane + extra wicks, tongs, 
plates, cups, and bowls for each person (plastic or tin camp dishes)
silverware, lighters, and cast iron skillet 

(full list available on free printout) 

Camp site at Merango Caves in IN

*I pack as compact as possible by doing things like- rolling silverware and
sharp camp knife up in the dish towels. 

* Sites with picnic tables, water, and electric are convenient for
families.
 This trip (above) was just mama and the boys - so it was much easier
than hauling everything out for wilderness camping. 

Even though it is not entirely necessary- 
I love my stripped table cloth and my sturdy flower vase 

I'm surrounded by boys - and we like to play hard- but - after all
I am a girl!

* The table cloth is nice to have to cover up a dirty camp table too


to help you organize and plan your next family outdoor adventure
(just click on the pic of the "Camp Cake" we made for a friend- 
carried it in a basket because- we were camping!) 


Camp Kitchen Checklist :
 

If you haven't taken the family camping
I'd like to encourage you to do so.
There are some great family camp grounds and parks all 
around our beautiful country. 
It's a wonderful way to grow closer to each other as you spend time 
out in nature admiring the handiwork of our Creator. 

 


Psalm 19: 1 
"The heavens declare the glory of God;
 and the firmament sheweth His handiwork."



Read articles from my other #31 days of Exploring God's Creation:



Thank you for visiting! Y'all come back now- ya hear?



                   



3 comments:

Susan said...

The photos are again wonderful. The camp cake intrigues me!

Robyn Rasmussen said...

What a neat way to discover things with your children! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment and also following! I am happy to follow this neat blog back. :)
-Robyn from http://tipsfromtheheart.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Cool idea about the tubs being prepared ahead of time. We do this too and love it!

Also love your cake idea! Keep up the great work!

Kim Jones