Monday, December 19, 2011

31 Days to Pray - For Your Spouse Challenge!

Would you believe me if I told you that you could improve your marriage with 5 minutes a day? 

Especially with all the hoop-la going on over the Christmas holidays - many of us get stressed out 
or super busy and somewhere along the way we can forget to really connect with our spouses! 
(you know it's true!) 

Whether you are an "old married couple" comfortable in your 'ole shoes, or newly weds who 
face a whole other set of stresses (both good and bad) 5 minutes per day CAN make a difference! 

What could be better for your marriage than taking a month to intentionally pray scripture over 
your spouse?

 Nuttin' Honey!

 If you need to do some forgiving, some supporting, or even get rid of negative
thoughts and feelings - there is just no better way to do it than through focused prayer!
And what better time - than at the beginning of a fresh new year? 
When you combine prayer with the Word of God, and some Christian sisters (and brothers)- there is
 an awesome amount of power behind it! 

How do I know? Well, besides the fact that I'm one of those "old married's", I am actually
happy! Not because I have a perfect husband, or a perfect marriage- but, a perfect God - 
I've learned a little bit about applying His principles to my marriage. I fully believe
EVERY couple can benefit from this type of positive, uplifting, focused (5 minute) challenge! 

The other reasons I know it is true are -  

Philippians 4: 6-7 
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication 
with thanksgiving - let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of 
God, which passes (ie. surpasses)  all understanding, will guard your hearts and 
minds in Christ Jesus. 

I don't know about you, but when I know I have truly turned something or someone over to 
God, I have a tendency to handle the situation better and I certainly handle things better when I 
have a peaceful feeling in my heart and my mind is at ease!

Matthew 18: 20
"For  when two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the 
midst of them" 

So, standing with others - gathered in the name of Jesus - brings the presence of the Almighty God
right into the situation! That's powerful! 


Strengthening Your Marriage - Strengthens Your Family! 



Some of you know the girls from the program I participate with towards reaching
monthly goals. The 3 in 30 crew, who blog regularly about and ask others to join in and 
encourage each other along the way towards our individual goals - is getting behind 
author Ashley Pichea on her new and potentially life changing ebook- 


Click on the link above to get your copy -
It could be the best $4.99 you've ever spent! 

So, for just under $5 and a commitment of 5 minutes per day- 
you can change your life! I'd say that's a great deal. I'm a believer, 
or I wouldn't be pushing it! 

God wants to see families whole - He wants to see hearts and marriages healed - He wants to work
a miracle in your life and mine. Please consider joining me in this challenge for the month of January, 
no matter WHAT the state of your marriage - and let's see where God takes us.

I'm committing now to come up along beside you and lift you and your spouse in prayer!

Get your ebook with the link above, and then sign up for the challenge by using the link below -
 Be sure to leave a comment and let me know you are going under construction with me - 
and let's join together to give God the glory and build a better spouse! 

     

3 comments:

Ashley Pichea said...

"Not because I have a perfect husband, or a perfect marriage- but, a perfect God"

This sentence just brought me to tears - and I DO.NOT.CRY.

Thank you!!

Unknown said...

Lovely post - if I hadn't already signed up I would be doing so right now! We are so blessed to serve a loving and merciful Father!

Tonya said...

Okay, I'm not super-duper religious (as a Lutheran, I'm much more comfortable doing the work of God than talking about God) but I like this idea a lot. I may even give it a shot :)