Sunday, January 1, 2012

31 Days to Pray - For Your Spouse - Starting the New Year Off Right!

Ringing in the New Year - Watching the (big) "ball drop" picture above - Best ball drop ever! 
We are committing to watching more sunsets together during 2012

"Prayer is one of the greatest privileges we have as believers. Having the ability to access the throne
 of grace with confidence whenever we have a need or a want to offer up praise - what an incredible
 blessing we have."

This statement is one of the first of many truths which speaks to my heart in Ashley Pichea's book
"31 Days to Build A Better Spouse"

The title is catchy. Whether you believe your spouse is in need of a makeover - a remodel - a complete
overhaul - or you simply want to be a loving wife praying blessings over the life of the one God has given
 you -  the place to start in order to effect change - is with yourself.

 By looking inward, and allowing God to work in your own heart you will see what it is you need to be praying for your spouse. It will serve to draw you in to a closer walk with the Lord - facilitate more love
and a better attitude in your heart toward your marriage, and help you be more like Christ- which is
the main goal we should pattern all others after in the first place.

I'm starting the New Year off right, with a 31 day commitment to pray for my husband each and every
day throughout January. I am thankful for the man God has given me. It's about time I put a serious
effort into praying God's blessings over him.

Won't you consider joining me on this journey through January? If you are already in my group for the
official "31 Day Challenge" please leave a comment, let me know you've been here, and feel free to share
or ask any questions.

If you want to purchase the ebook and read Ashley's thoughts as she shares her heart and godly
truths along with scripture and very specific prayers for you to pray daily over your spouse you
can find the link here-

Build Up Your Spouse eBook:

I am grateful to have the privilege of praying for my husband. It is my hope that somewhere along 
the way during this process, I can become the wife he deserves, the wife God intended me to be. 

I love this man

 Counting Gratitude to 1000 and beyond- 

103. the man who takes time to teach his boys about the important things in life (like surfing)
104. and how to treat a woman with respect 
105. who plays with his family on a regular basis 


106. a man who puts God first by serving his family 
107. one who loves us
108. who cares what God wants and expects of him
109. who works hard every day 
110. yet still finds time to give his boys the attention they need
111. to become the men God wants them to be
112. and who adores their mother

I want to honor God with my marriage, I want to honor Him by 
being a better spouse for my husband. 



HEART Book Club Banner1 How to Have a H.E.A.R.T. for Your Kids   Book Club Kick Off
*For those of you joining up in the 
"Have a HEART for Your Kids" book club- it's time to be reading
the introduction and getting started. Monday, January 9th we'll be posting 
the introduction posts. It's not too late to get your book and join in! 
During the month of January I am focused on my family - praying and
reading about being a better wife and mother. Won't you join me?
If you purchase the book through the link below, it will also
 help support our homeschool adventures




Linking with: 

5 comments:

Tonya said...

Very nice, Kelli! What a wonderful way to honor your husband!

http://www.joyfilleddays.com said...

Visiting from Women Living Well. Your photos are beautiful! I would love to learn photography some day!

Amy Sullivan said...

Ever since that long ago book by Stormie Omartian, "Power of a Praying Wife" I've tried to be more intentional about prayers for my husband. Not always, but I try to.

Thanks for remiding me of the importance!

Unknown said...

Awesome Post! We take our hubbys for granted so often. Thanks for the reminder. I'll check out the book.

Unknown said...

Thank you all- so very sweet!