Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Meet Ashley Pichea - Author of "31 Days to Build a Better Spouse"


You may know I have several exciting projects coming up in January. Including the 31Days to BBS Challenge-

31 Days to Pray for Your Spouse

Before I set out to "build a better spouse" by praying for my husband along with the ebook and group with 
Ashley Pichea  (Pi- shay)  I'd like to introduce you to the woman who was convicted by God to pray for her 
husband - who has become a better wife because of it - and who is sharing her experience with us in her ebook.

Meet author Ashley Pichea- 





Intro:

Ashley Pichea lives online and offlineOnline, she is the author of LIFE by Ashley Pichea and Teaching Jenny, the editor/manager of the3in30 Challenge, a virtual blogging assistant and consultant, and can be found at AshleyPichea.comOffline, Ashley enjoys being a wife and mom, as well as being active in her local church’s Christian Education ministries. Ashley has a passion for helping others to dive into the spiritual discipline of prayer, and she has started publishing a series of eBooks at 31DaystoPray.com. Ashley invites you to connect with her onTwitter and/or Facebook.

Ashley, 

1. How long have you been writing? 
I have been writing “publicly” for a few years. Writing was always something I’ve enjoyed and was naturally “good” at, but only in the past few years have I felt the call of God to publish my writing.
2. Did you always know you wanted to be a writer or when/how did you figure that out? 
I’ve always enjoyed writing, but it was in January 2009 that God led me to writing as a means of ministry.
3. How has being a writer influence/changed your life? 
Knowing that my words have the power to build up or break down has definitely impacted me. A few months into my blogging adventure, my blog turned sour as I began to use it as an outlet to vent about my frustrations. God used my wonderful mother-in-law to bring this to light, and since I have adopted Ephesians 4:29 as my online/writing mantra: “Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a wordas is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.”
4. What piece of advice would you give to someone who is considering writing their first book?

Don’t write for yourself. If you are writing a book for the sake of seeing your name/words in print, then you probably shouldn’t be writing. Let God be the purpose and driving force behind your writing.

5. How will you measure the success of your book?

This is a difficult question, but I think it comes back to perspective. For me, seeing just one marriage grow more Christ-centered makes the whole process worth it. It can’t be about numbers or money for me, even those are the things I’m often trapped into counting. It has to be about Christ – about seeing it used for His purpose and His glory.

6. Who has been your biggest supporter?

My online friends have been amazing in supporting me as I’ve published this first eBook. Since it is an electronic book, most of my “in real life” friends don’t “get” it.

7. How do you handle criticism of your writing?

Thankfully, I haven’t had to deal with any criticism to date. When it comes, though, I know that it doesn’t really matter as long as I’ve given my best for God’s glory.

8.What is the name of your (new) book?

31 Days to Build a Better Spouse – Accessing the Power of Prayer to Build Up Your Spouse

9. What was your inspiration for writing this book?

I have found that when I pray for my husband, our relationship is so much better – my eyes are focused on Christ and not on his “faults.” Praying the Word of God is one way that we can know absolutely that we are praying in accordance with God’s will. 31 Days to Build a Better Spouse came out of my desire to help others pray the Word of God for their spouses, strengthening and encouraging marriages.

10. Can you share with us a personal tid-bit about what drew you to this particular topic?

{see above}

11. How did you settle on the title?

I wanted something that would allow readers to pray over the course of a month {31 days}, so I started brainstorming ideas on Twitter, attempting to play off the popular #31DBBB hashtag.

12. Did the writing of this book change you? How?

I hope so! As I wrote, I prayed. I prayed for my husband, I prayed for myself, and I prayed for those who will read and pray through the book.

13.  What is your overall goal for your readers with regards to the book?

I want to see lives changed for God’s glory – I want others to not only be praying for their spouses but also to learn how to pray the Word of God.

14. Do you have anything else in the works? (what? when?)

During the month of October, I wrote “31 Days to Pray for Your Pastor” as a daily newsletter. I’m planning to publish it soon as an eBook. I also have a few other ideas brewing for future 31 Days to Pray series, as well as a few other books in rough draft form.

15.  If you could choose just one thing from the book for your readers to walk away with - what would that be and why?

I want my readers to walk away knowing the power of prayer, specifically the power of praying the Word of God.


If you are interested in joining us for the challenge in January 

-Sign up quickly to be assigned to 
a group! Challenge starts Sunday - accountability groups are assigned tomorrow!

It's going to be a wonderful time of introspection as we grow closer 
to our Creator, encourage each other, and . . . . 
Pray For  Our  Spouses! 


31 Days to Build a Better Spouse

*If you cannot join the group challenge - I would encourage you to go ahead and get a copy 
of the ebook and pray through the scriptures yourself - God will bless your efforts as 
In the Bible He promises - 


Isaiah 55: 10
"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosperin the thing whereto I sent it."

There may not be a better thing you can do for your family besides praying God's Word over them!
God Bless!


linking with: 



  Mustard Seeds 


5 comments:

Michelle said...

Ashley's awesome. Thanks for doing this interview with her. I have been thinking about participating in the challenge. I may have to pray about it. :)

Unknown said...

Oh Michelle, I hope you do! Tomorrow is the last day to sign up and be put with a group! You are welcome to follow along with me if you don't want the group commitment - just click on the link here and get your book and when I post updates about it you can link up and chime in with your thoughts! (But I do hope you'll go ahead w the challenge cause it's a great way to give and receive encouragement & get to know other women) :) God Bless!

Onlythemanager said...

What a lovely interview!

Rebecca said...

I just love Ashley, she helped me start my 5am wake up...hmmm...been slacking on that lately!!! LOVE YA!

Jennifer said...

Hooray! I have really enjoyed interacting with Ashley on Twitter. I love seeing her 31 Days e-mails in my inbox!