Sunday, May 20, 2012

Proverbs 31 Study- Good Morning Girls -week 2


I'm joining my friend Amanda @The Pelsers  in the Proverbs 31 study from 
Good Morning Girls  with their free ebook - We are sharing our thoughts on this 
study each week and bringing you this link up where you can share any of your 
Proverbs 31 woman posts! Read more about the group on the kickoff post here.

For a review of week 1 readings please go here


As we begin week 2 - I pray God will speak to us
 and show us where we can make improvements towards being the 
Proverbs 31 woman - we are each called to be!

Why bother to be a Proverbs 31 woman? 

Proverbs 31:10 says
"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." 


*There is great value in a woman who is virtuous 


Proverbs 12: 4 
"An excellent wife is the crown of her husband,
But she who causes shame is like rottenness in his bones.

*The alternative is NOT pleasant and is shameful 

Proverbs 18: 22
" He who finds a wife finds a good thing,
And obtains favor from the Lord. 


*It is a good thing and favorable to the Lord


Proverbs 19: 14
"Houses and riches are an inheritance from fathers,
But a prudent wife is from the Lord."

*A Proverbs 31 woman is literally a gift from God 


Proverbs 31: 11
"The heart of her husband safely trusts her;
So he will have no lack of gain."

*Her husband knows that she not only speaks truth, but he also  has full confidence 
in her abilities to handle her responsibilities to the family. He can count on his team
mate - they work together towards goals for their family. He is safe with her emotionally,
her choices, her faithfulness, with money, children, the home. 


How can I begin to implement some of these traits today? 

1. By measuring my words. 
2. By doing my best to keep order in the home or begin getting it there. 
3. By training the children to respect their father/mother and do their part.
4. By being supportive and encouraging to my husband. 
5. By finding ways to save money and taking care of the things we already have. 

How in the world do I pull that off? 

1. By starting my day in the Word - getting my heart right with God and keeping it that way. 
2.By asking for the Lord's help to implement a plan in my home. 
3. By seeking godly counsel and through communication with my husband.

My thoughts: 

I am not a strict schedule kind of a girl - by any stretch of the imagination - but this is something I know I need to work on. I have no intention of attempting to keep to a strict plan - but sticking to our routine a bit more will go a long way in this department. 

One of the things I can do is work to improve my health. Planning for self care is critical in order for me to be able to care for my family. This means I need to continue planning for my quiet time with the Lord, take a daily walk, drink plenty of water and a few other things I know will help me personally to strengthen my abilities in caring for my family as well as to instill these good habits in my children. 

Works for me:

*Something I've found that works well to keep order is 15 minutes of clean up time before we start homeschool and again before daddy gets home. We all pull together putting things in their places and cleaning up after ourselves. It also gives me a moment to freshen up with a little bit of lipstick before my sweet man walks through the door. I also put on a bit just before our homeschool because I want my boys to see that I care about taking care of myself and at how I present myself. I sometimes wear sweat pants and I have lousy days - but I make a continual effort to present myself in a manner that gives glory to God.

 A little lipstick and a touch of mascara helps me feel and look my best. 

Organization and exercise are two departments I need to focus on over the next few months. 
How about you? Are there areas in your life- in your home that need improvement?

 Let's encourage each other and glorify God as we take steps towards becoming the women He intends for us to be for our families! 



#1000 Gifts and beyond: 

#281- God gave me my dream come true 
#282- The man I walked these beaches and prayed for as a child was sitting in the 
             very same church that I was (and yet we didn't know each other) 
#283- God brought him to me - and introduced us on the same beach I'd walked 
              as I prayed for my future husband 
#284- God knows our needs 
#285- His plans are perfect 
#286- God's grace (as I regularly fail) 
#287- My husbands love and His special heart 
#288- His trust in me and the blinders he wears when it comes to my faults 
#289- A husband who takes an active role in parenting and loving our boys
#290- A new day to do better - to be a Proverbs 31 woman 


Linking with these great blogs: 

          
             

Grab our button and link up your Proverbs 31 woman posts: 


Just copy and paste the button- please link back to this page! 





6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I want to be 'excellent' but, not in a perfect kind of way...... LOVE YA!

Amanda @ The Pelsers said...

So thankful that my husband trusts me. I'm working so hard to be a good manager of our home and run hard after our second family goal - to be debt free. Thankful that I don't have to put lipstick on, cause that's not my thang. :)

Unknown said...

LOL - you're funny Amanda - the lipstick is my thang - Mark has never actually asked for it - he seems to like me just the same no matter what I'm looking like- but it helps me feel better and feel pulled together - it's "my thang" ;)

Susan said...

Great post!! Enjoyed this. So nice to meet you♥

Laura said...

Well, I am not a strict schedule kind of girl, either, so I get this! Sending you so much encouragement, my friend.

amber @ classichousewife said...

Thank you for linking up with me!

I thought about following along on this Proverbs 31 study, too, but I have so many things I'm studying already! I've been through studies on this chapter before and it's always so encouraging.

I love your thoughts and insights. Specific and intentional. Have a great week!