Sunday, September 16, 2012

Simple moments - 5 min friday - Focus




start 

Focus

from the time I was very young - I had a special place
we visited this place each and every year

as we drove across the bridge in the family car - we rolled down the windows
to breathe it all in

the salt air and warm breeze always made me feel like I was coming home.

in my special place - I sat with toes in the sand as I lifted my voice in song.
I searched for treasures hidden deep - each one a gift placed just for me.

and now I dig - still singing
as I search for the days gift from the sea
when I listen carefully I can hear God say, "Look closely"
and then, "look closer still"

when I slow to the pace of that little girl
when I lift my voice in song - I find His treasures
and life comes clearly into focus 
I am home again

end




#1000 gifts and beyond : 
* my special gifts from the sea
* remembering my heart for Jesus
* "Suffer the little children to come unto Me"
* singing to the Lord with a child's heart
* peace that passes all understanding
* slowing down
* moments of reflection
* fellowship without words
* the faithfulness of our God
* focus


   Five Minute Friday       Simple BPM 

MercyINK  Thankful Thursday GMG-WomenInWord Red Oak Road-Thankful Th

No comments: