Monday, September 17, 2012

Healthy Mom - Week #2


Goals:  Moving my body despite Rheumatoid arthritis pain
Drink more water 
eat less wheat and sugar - low carb
Exercise: walk, swim, bike, light weights, yoga - just get moving! 

We are all about getting out into nature to explore God’s creation. I’ve allowed pain from RA to keep me from moving my body like I’m supposed to. Although I’ve continued with our adventures – I’ve allowed myself to sit by on the sidelines. The past 2 years, I’ve gained weight and slowed down. It’s a vicious cycle and I’ve decided enough is enough. I’m going to keep my focus on getting healthier for God and family during this series instead of worrying about the scale. By eating better, cutting out sugar, eating higher protein, lower carbs and drinking the water I know my body needs–I will begin to feel better and the weight will follow the health. It’s a struggle for those who fight pain every day to keep moving. I've recently lost these battles, but I’m determined not to loose the war.





This week: 
     Monday- perfect food green drink, water, low carb, walk on beach 
     Tuesday- water, low carb, crunches 
     Wednesday- water, low carb, walk on beach 
     Thursday- water, low-ish carbs, walking and biking on our adventure - see here
     Friday- water, low carb , short walk 
     Saturday- water, low carb -ish 
     Sunday- water, low carb-ish , church and rest 

How did you do this week? 

Goals for improvement: 
Green drink at least every other day - more salad to help me stay off other carbs - more exercise- walking and stretching - stretching and movement even when walking isn't possible

Please feel free to share your goals for the week below or by linking up a post! 


Follow my Pinterest board and the group board for more recipes and tips: 

My Healthy Mom Series Board                                                       Group Board: 
30 Protein-Packed Small Meal Ideas Under 250 Calories                                              Prep ahead-salads in a mason jar!

Check out this Menu planner from my friend Honey: 

What's For Dinner


Isaiah 41:10  fear not, for I am with you;  be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you,  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.




also linking with: 3 in 30   





No comments: