Monday, November 19, 2012

Blogging through the alphabet - K is for . . . .

If you've been following along with our weekly wrap - up posts, you probably have noticed that I've been centering our general homeschool week around a special letter of the alphabet. As much as I'd love to take credit for that idea - the inspiration came from my friend Marcy at Ben and Me .

I've found it a great way to help organize our studies and also to help my youngest with his letters. 

I love to piece together our studies using various bits of fabulous curriculum we've collected and this helps me to zone in on particular countries, meals, people and more - all beginning with the letter of the week. This week - we packed up the kids and headed for the great outdoors on a camping trip. We generally count our nature adventures as homeschool field trips! 

Marcy may be blogging through the alphabet - but we are homeschooling through it - all thanks to her and her too cool idea. Thank you Marcy! I'm happy to host the link up for you - this week and next . . . . . 

This week:


        K is for . . . . .

 Keeping up with the Kids 




               . . . . . because I can't quite get away with "K" is for kamping


           . . . . . . .  I was tempted to try "k" is for Kampfire 



          . . . . . . . . . how would you feel about "K" is for k- k- kold outside? It was kkcold 


oK - for real . . . . K is for Kingfisher Cabin - 

              Writing retreat built in 1929 by Harry Edwards - where he wrote "Sons and Fathers" 
We visited this lovely spot on our nature walk last week while camping in middle Georgia. 
We love spending time in the great outdoors. We visited the Aviation Museum and the Arts and Science Center where we enjoyed a walk on their nature trail. 

We love time spent around the campfire and in the woods together and we got to see the changing leaves! 

They were Kolorful  (just can't help myself) 



 K is also for kind friends - like Marcy! 
and Kids in the Kitchen  - link up your fave recipes each week- 
This week features our Leftover Turkey Cassserole 

I hope you'll join us and link up your Letter of the week post for
Blogging through the Alphabet: 





2 comments:

k balman said...

You mean you were in GA and didn't tell me, lol. I could have driven down to see you. Love the cabin photo.

k balman said...

You mean you were in GA and didn't tell me, lol. I could have driven down to see you. Love the cabin photo.