Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Word of the year . . . . .


I'm not exactly making any New Year's resolutions - but I certainly have a vision for what 2013 is 'to hold for me and my family this year. I want to dream BIG and be BOLD! 


Hebrews 4:16

 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.


In planning my "word of the year" I listed many things that are of importance to me. 
A few of them are listed below: 

     Create - I want to use my God given creativity in the way He intended in all areas of my life

     Embark - I will move forward with plans I've made 

     Explore - life, love, nature. . . I want to face each day with a spirit of adventure 

     Simplify - I want to cut out the excess - be frugal - declutter and catch up on the little details 

     Yield - to God's will utterly and completely in my life 

     Expect - good things . . . knowing God wants to bless us. 

It's going to be a great year - full of gratitude and joy as I approach each new goal BOLDLY! 

Philippians 4:6 

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

In reflecting on these goals and dreams for the fresh new year, I am struck with a profound sense of thankfulness that I am able to go directly to the Creator of the universe with my concerns. He cares not only about our needs but also our desires. 

The deeper grasp I have on that, the simpler things are for me. I want desperately for my desires - to be His and visa versa. It's a deepening of relationship, an understanding that I am better off chasing after - only the things He has for me. Nothing else matters. 

I will BOLDLY seek Him. 

how about you? do you have a word for the year? 


#1000 Gifts and counting . . . . I can boldly go before the throne, He cares to hear from me, the ability/opportunity to teach this to my children, honest friends, children getting well, medicine when they are sick, husband who helps, opportunity to share, God's provisions in a big way, His grace encouraging me along-helping me to do better- more - nudging me to love boldly. 


 linking with:      Bigger Picture Miscellany Monday  Better Mom  Modest Mom  God Bumps Welcome Home  The Wellspring #ifellowship Seeds of Faith - Thought Provoking Thursday - Hear it on Sunday  Gratituesday  
 Soli Deo Gloria    From My Mountain View     Titus 2's Days  Raising Mighty Arrows - Good Morning Girls - 1000Gifts  Thankful Thurs   Thursday Quick Tip   What Works Wed   Works-4-Me  workinprogress
     

No comments: