Monday, February 4, 2013

Kids in the Kitchen - Link up 53- Teaching Kitchen Skills & Nutrition


I join forces with my good friend Carrie @YoungLivingOilLady each week to bring you this family friendly recipe link up. It is our desire to encourage families to cook and eat together. Meals cooked at home are healthier, and time spent together in the kitchen is good for families!
We use Cooking 101 as part of our family homeschool. I’m teaching the boys to put together healthy family meals, life skills, and budgeting, as well as teaching them tips for cooking in the kitchen. We encourage real food vs. processed food. Let’s bring the family,back to the table!
This week at our house:


The fabulous folks from @DoleFoods  were generous sponsors of The BEECH Retreat
I won the terrific garden kit pictured above in a drawing - and they gave everyone a Kid's Cook Book full of fun recipes and nutritional information. 



The Dole raisins were - hands down - the BEST I've ever had. They were in our swag from BEECH - I promise you they are not paying me to say this! I really liked them. I usually buy a different brand, but seriously, I'm a changed woman. I am now a Dole raisin girl -fo sho! 

We are planning to try this one this week as a yummy treat as we plant our new garden - all the while - I'll be sharing with the boys why it's important to feed our bodies foods God made. 

Recipe from  Dole

12 wonton skins 
vegetable cooking spray
2 tbsp apple jelly or apricot fruit spread
1 cup nonfat or low fat yogurt,
 any flavor sliced assorted DOLE® Fruit*

Directions: 
Press 1 wonton skin into each of 12 muffin cups, sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, allowing corners of wontons to extend over edges of muffin cups.

Bake at 375°F., 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully remove wonton cups to wire rack; cool.

Cook and stir jelly in small saucepan over low heat until jelly melts.

Brush bottoms of cooled wonton cups with melted jelly. Place 2 fruit slices in each cup; spoon rounded tablespoon of yogurt over fruit. Garnish with additional fruit slice.



Join us by linking up your favorite family recipes!
Grab a button from below, on my side bar, or use a text link back to Adventurez.
Please visit another participant or more to help encourage each other.
I’ll be visiting and Pinning away on our Kids in the Kitchen Pinterest board here. 
It’s a wonderful resource for finding yummy recipes the whole family will love. 
Enjoy your time in the kitchen this week:




I'm linking with these fine blogs: Comfy in the Kitchen  Shrinking Kitchen Titus 2 Tues
I heart Naptime Nourishing Treasures  The Better Mom  Holy Spirit Led Homeschooling Food Renegade

Try New Recipe   Happy LiL Hearts   Hip Homeschool Hop  Creative Mondays






No comments: