Thursday, March 21, 2013

Frugal Family - Wardrobe fix


In an effort to save money this year,  I'm joining my friends Marcy +Ben and Me  as well as Sam +Sam's Noggin  to bring you this weekly  link up full of tips for becoming a more Frugal Family. We will be sharing ideas to help you save money on groceries and meals, homeschool, crafts, and plenty of frugal DIY posts. We've made many sacrifices so that I can stay at home to teach the boys, and I've become pretty frugal in order to help make that possible and to keep it that way. It's become a challenge I truly enjoy, and one I enjoy sharing with you!


This week:



  

A quick tip I want to share this week (cause I'm on the road with Apologia for Real Refreshment - Yay!) 
is. . . . .  mending is a great frugal trick that folks these days often forget. You don't have to be a seamstress to learn how to do some simple mending.  Now, I'm not talking fancy - those jobs can be worth sending out to a real seamstress, especially if the clothing is good solid quality. But, people these days have gotten into the habit of throwing out clothing that would otherwise be in need of only a simple repair. 

This week I carefully mended a rip in my vintage suede jacket. It was ripped at the seam and only needed a few stitches to appear good as new. I love my Vera Maxwell - It holds special meaning as it belonged to a very special person in my life. It was well worth the effort to keep as a staple in my wardrobe. I wish you could tell better from the picture- it has that 50's flair to it. Love love love. 

Frugal tip of the week: learn to mend and take care of your good clothing! 

Link up your own tips for saving money on our Frugal Family link up for January
Please grab the button to use or link via text - Visit others to encourage each other and
share great information! The group Pinterest board is here - I'm pinning away!

AdventurezInChildRearing
 

No comments: