Saturday, March 16, 2013

Style and self esteem - Macys fashion show


This Saturday was an eventful one at the Southwest Florida Macys in Naples. Fashion designer and television star Clinton Kelly was in town giving advice and showing off his choices for the spring line at Macys.



I've had a hard time with clothes lately. Due to some health issues and weight gain, I don't "feel" pretty in much of anything I put on. I believe it matters how we present ourselves. Whether we are at home with our children or out in the world, it's important to be our best. That can be tricky if you aren't feeling so attractive.

I was thrilled to hear Kelly's take and get insight from a professional. I'm encouraged that I can find clothes that will fit well and help me look and feel good. Those tips and tricks can help you do the same.

Kelly says:

It’s about finding a style that works for you, not a superhuman model on the pages of a glossy magazine. It’s about being comfortable in your own skin rather than hiding in a pair of sweats. Mostly, though, it’s about self-esteem.



First of all - I love that the Macy's model is not a size 0! I also love the bright pops of color used in the spring collection. 


Some of the advice Kelly gives at these Macys events include: 

          The best way to camouflage a mid section is with a jacket.
          Emphasizing your legs gives a longer and leaner look. 
          Don't show cleavage during the day and no short shorts either. 
          Look for one trendy piece and keep the rest classic to have the
          right balance as you age. 

Check out the exciting spring line for yourself at your local Macys. I'll be heading over there myself to pick out a few new things to spruce up my own wardrobe for spring. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. 
As a die hard Macys fan - I can tell you first hand - the quality is worth the investment and the sales are fabulous! 

We spend so much time, money and effort taking care of everyone else. It's important for moms to have clothing that make them feel and look beautiful. Have you bought anything for yourself lately? Adding a couple of colorful new pieces to pair with classic basics can make you feel like a new woman. That is important for the woman who takes care of everyone else. 
          
Look for more of Clinton Kelly at Macy's in New Orleans on
Saturday, April 13 
Follow @Macys  and  @Clinton_Kelly on Twitter 

Go to Macy's online here

Search on Twitter for: @Macys @Clinton_Kelly #Naples 

 I am a member of the Everywhere Society and Everywhere provided me with compensation for this post about Macy's Clinton Kelly. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own. 

No comments: