Wednesday, March 6, 2013
What not to bring to the Real Refreshment Retreat with Apologia
Soon I'll be packing up and heading off to another Real Refreshment Retreat! I'd LOVE for you to join me for this wonderful time of fellowship and rejuvenation for women from all around the country. Just in case you are wondering - I've made up a list for you of some things I found were NOT needed at the retreat:
1. Fire wood - The Westin Hotel in both Baltimore and in Atlanta both come with their own heating and air system. The rooms even have a mini- fridge available and microwaves in the refreshment center, so there is no need to build a fire.
2. Blow up mattress- Check out the super comfy beds from the Westin here (REFRESHING) You'll have a hard time pulling yourself up out of these amazing beds - but the encouragement from friends and the wonderful speakers during the event will get you up and at 'em for sure.
3. A rotating fan - see #1
4. Kayaks - It's hard to leave home without them, but they will not be needed for this adventure.
5. A huge cooler full of food - I may or may not part with mine for this trip (we do like to haul our own food) but the yummy food at the Westin is a special treat and lunch on Saturday is included with your ticket.
6. Your men folk - this retreat is for the ladies, but the Bell hops come in handy for help with your luggage.
7. Coffee pot - they have them RIGHT in your 4-diamond room and there is also a STARBUCKS right there inside the hotel.
8. Fold out chairs - each room comes with several of their own and even a work desk including a space for your laptop (there is a fee for the wireless high speed internet service).
9. Life vests, fishing poles, helmets, water shoes, dry bag, and wet suite - see #4.
10. Smith & Wesson - there is a safe in the room where you can lock up your valuables and the good folks at the Westin hotel take great care of you so there is no need for packing heat. I did mention it is a luxury 4 diamond hotel - right? Swanky!
RRR~ Sponsored by Teach Them Diligently - We'll be packing up to head to TN in May - you don't want to miss this fantastic homeschool convention - for the whole family
- Family tickets just $45 until March 15 - Register by clicking the Featured Speaker box below:
linking with Apologia blog link