Monday, May 20, 2013

Kids in the Kitchen - eating on the road - again

I join forces with my good friend Carrie @YoungLivingOilLady each
week to bring you this family friendly recipe link up. It is our desire to
encourage families to cook and eat together. Meals cooked at home
are healthier, and time spent together in the kitchen is good for families!


We use Cooking 101 as part of our family homeschool. I’m teaching

the boys to put together healthy family meals, life skills, and budgeting,

as well as teaching them tips for cooking in the kitchen. We encourage
real food vs. processed food. Let’s bring the family, back to the table!






This week: 

Preparing my #kidsinthekitchen post for Tues #homeschool #travel #recipes


We have been enjoying an incredible time with friends at the Teach Them Diligently Conference. I've been inspired all over again by wonderful fellowship with other homeschool moms, incredible speakers, and the glorious scenery. 

We have explored Tennessee. We've been "wowed" by the opulence of the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and have now headed off to Kentucky to walk in the footsteps of Daniel Boone and to enjoy a whitewater rafting adventure. Tomorrow, we'll be "wowed" by God's creation and the power of flowing water! 


Feeding three boys on the road can indeed be a challenge. They would eat Pizza every night - of course. I do allow them to have a burger or pizza, but I also try to make sure they get plenty of fruit and veggies along the way. 

I buy chicken, and beef strips for the cooler and mini- fridges in the room. We roll the strips in tortilla's with cheese & heat in the microwave. I buy natural beef hot dogs to keep handy for a quick meal. 

I always carry baby carrots. They travel well in a cooler (be sure to keep your cooler well drained).  Fresh bananas, apples, oranges, and grapes are a great way to keep healthy while traveling. Another favorite trick; Holy Guacamole! The vacuum sealed packages travel really well and add great flavor, healthy fat, and another fruit/veggie serving to your daily diet.



I'd love to hear your tips for feeding the family on the road!

For you: 




BundleoftheWeek.com, 5 eBooks for $7.40!


I'm linking with these fine blogs: Titus 2 Tues The Better Mom   Try New Recipe   Happy LiL Hearts  



Join us by linking up your favorite family recipes or tips for cooking with kids! Grab a button from below, on my side bar, or use a text link back to Adventurez. Please visit another participant or more to help encourage each other. I’ll be visiting and Pinning away on our Kids in the Kitchen Pinterest board here. It’s a wonderful resource for finding yummy recipes the whole family will love. Enjoy your time in the kitchen this week!





No comments: