Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Leftover Turkey Casserole


What to do with all that leftover turkey? Make "Leftover Turkey Casserole"

Easy Peasy!
First of all, you put on a big pot of noodles to boil - I chose egg noodles cause I like them.
Recruit some help from the gang, cause cooking is much more fun that way.
We had some leftover chopped onion from Christmas dinner, so I threw it in the pan with some butter
and then added broken up bite sized turkey chunks! 


While that warms up and browns just a bit on low in the skillet - get your hired help 
to add a can of "Cream of Chicken" (or Mushroom) to another skillet
Slowly stir in a 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth (or Milk if you don't have broth left over)
sprinkle in a cup (or two) of shredded cheddar cheese


It makes a lovely cheese sauce!


Which you add to your drained noodles along with the turkey
 and onion mixture and stir!


Spread the mixture of turkey and noodles into a favorite casserole dish, 
Then you get one of your little "sui chefs" to sprinkle on some Durkey onions- 


Place it into an oven set pre-heated at 350 degrees until the Durkey onions are browned
(about 15 minutes or so, just long enough to get the pots washed up) 
And, dinner is served! 


They'll eat it up! It's easy to switch out with chicken, or even a can of tuna too. 
You can add mushrooms or broccoli if you'd like. 
I served it with leftover homemade yeast rolls and sliced tomato. 

A summary of our Christmas . . . . . 

A few of our favorite ornaments-

(yes, I'm afraid that is a dead sea horse hanging by a red noose ribbon on my tree, we didn't kill him)

We made these-

 I love the tiny shells we found and the toy
soldier reminds me of the ones I made as a child!
The long skinny shell was found on the beach in
Costa Rica while on our honeymoon!


When our homeschool friends, Carrie from Young Living Oil Lady and her awesome kids
were here- we found these cool shells and later painted and glued them together to make a 
little shell angel! It's a wonderful memory of our time together - 

Many of the ornaments on our tree hold special meaning - even if that meaning is simply
 time spent together creating it ! 


The boys were excited to receive the rest of the 
"Adventures of Munford" series - 
It's an incredibly fun way to teach them about important moments in history. 

         

They are $8.95 each - and some of our favorites! 
I added links for you to purchase if you'd like - they make wonderful gifts too
I don't know about you, but we still have Christmas to do with other family!


My daddy gave me a camera to replace my broken one - I'm thrilled to have a real camera now-
My first SLR- It's a dream come true for me! 
My sweet husband bought me a new computer which I desperately needed for 
homeschool, writing, and of course- blogging! 


All in all - we had an awesome time together and although we certainly had more presents 
than we truly needed, we didn't forget the real reason for the season. 
I am happy to say that I believe each of our children really "got it" this year
We will continue to put Christ first in our home 
 I know from experience that all else falls right into place after that! 

I pray in earnest for that very same peace in each of your homes this year

Merry Christmas Y'all, and a very Happy New Year! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love leftovers - making casseroles is yummy :)

Congrats on your new camera! Which one did you get? I have a Canon xi Rebel and I love it....although I am STILL figuring out how to use it.

Ahem.

Unknown said...

it's a Cannon Rebel too :) Don't know about xi - w a Promaster 62mm Spectrum 7 XR lens - and another lens too - totally still trying to figure it out!
Can't wait to go on one of our nature walks & shoot some pics - the ones on this post were my first with this camera so far :) just gettin the feel!

Sheri said...

That casserole sounds delicious, thanks for sharing your recipe. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas and I am too always remembering the reason we truly celebrate. Gifts are great too though! I love my Canon Rebel so very much. Bet you will love yours too.

Amanda @ The Pelsers said...

Yeah fun new gadgets... But I wouldn't have a clue what to do with the camera!