Monday, September 3, 2012

Kids in the Kitchen - Link Up #30 - Steak Roll Up's



I team up each week with my good friend Carrie @YoungLivingOilLady to bring you this link up!
It is our desire to encourage families to spend time cooking and eating together - meals cooked at home 
are healthier and when they are made with love - all that much more so! 

This is my anniversary week and I have a confession -I let the Kids in the Kitchen post sneak up on me 
We cook together several times each week and spend time in the kitchen together most every day.
 I don't always have a new recipe to share with brand new pictures for you. 
This week I thought I'd share something we do as a family when we are on the go. 
We celebrated our 12th Anniversary out on the boat the past 2 afternoons and into the evening - 
We needed something tasty - and portable to take with us on our adventure: 

Steak "roll ups"


Simple ingredients include pre-cooked steak or chicken - I usually carry it in a gallon baggie. 
Add grated cheese, and some fresh pico de gaio or your favorite salsa to the meat on a tortilla and . . . 
roll it up! I've put these babies together on the beach, on the boat, and at the park! No plate necessary. 
We had fresh avocado to go with it - we often carry hummus and baby carrots to dip into it. 
Healthy, delicious, and ready to roll!  



Link up your favorite family recipes - no kids necessary - but we sure do think they're cute! 
Just grab the button below - or from the code on the side bar 
(text links are fine) Please be sure to visit a couple others who link up to encourage them as well. 
I can't always leave a comment on each page - but I have been very busy pinning and sharing! 



No comments: