Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Heart for Christ - Gratitude on my 12th Anniversary



I sat on the beach watching my cute husband as he watched the manatee herd come almost all the way up on shore. Our 3 boys were wrestling in the surf a little ways down the beach and I was digging for sea shells - one of my all time favorite pass-times.

My heart just sang with gratitude. We were walking the beach just down from the very spot I sat at the age of 7 - 8 - 9 and on up. It's the place where I first began asking God to give me a husband who loved Him. I prayed for my husband then. I asked God to protect him - wherever he was. I asked the Lord to touch his life and grow him into a fine man of God. I asked Him to let us live near my beach. (It's mine in my heart)

This weekend was our 12th year anniversary. I'm so grateful to know and love Mark. I'm so thankful that he loves me - even though he knows me well. He constantly looks for the good, and continuously overlooks the "not so good".

He is a fine example to the 3 little men in my life. He shows them daily love and respect for their mother as he supports me and points them toward Jesus.

Some people talk a lot about Christianity. I'm so grateful today for this man of mine who is walking the walk.
He's leading by example. And there are 3 little guys paying close attention.


So often I try and feel as though I fail in training my children. I'm so grateful for a husband that is steadfast! 
I'm so thankful for God's faithfulness to the work in my husband's heart. I cannot think of a finer example for our little boys - and that totally works for me! 

I want to teach my children to pray for their future spouse's - wherever they may be. 

Thank You Jesus! Happy Anniversary to my sweet husband- I'd choose you again and again. 


#1000 Gifts:

*Answered prayers of a little girl
*husband who leads by example
*12 years of marriage
*All my little men
*time on the beach I love
*family time
*spontaneous homeschool lessons in nature
*my gifts from the sea (special sea shell treasures I just know God left there for me)
*singing to Jesus on the beach
*steadfast heart for the Lord (my husband)



Linking with:
Miscellany Monday  Better Mom  Modest Mom  God Bumps Welcome Home  The Wellspring
#ifellowship Seeds of Faith - Thought Provoking Thursday - Hear it on Sunday  Bigger Picture Moments
Soli Deo Gloria From My Mountain View Titus 2's Days  Raising Mighty Arrows -
Good Morning Girls - 1000Gifts   Thankful Thurs Kids in the Word what works wed

No comments: