Friday, November 2, 2012

Bigger picture moments - 5 Minute Friday - Roots of candlebrush grace




Colossians 2:6-7
Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, 

rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, 

just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.


Roots of grace

start.
Boldly they reach towards the heavens 
these fiery candlebrush stems of gold 

Built up and established 
they do not waiver but stay strong throughout the storm

Even in times of drought the tall narrow stems 
remain steadfast - deeply rooted - steady - true 

Against brilliant contrasts of gold 
The bright sky paints a backdrop of blue

Such beauty before me - I stand amazed
quietly contemplating - deep in thought 

Colorful petals - soft and fine with stems holding unseen power
remind me once again how
the fingerprints of God remain on every flower 

Remind me once again to reach boldly towards heaven
firmly rooted, built up in Him
Established in the faith  

Walking in Him - wrapped full in His grace

Abounding in thanksgiving 
As my roots run deep 
stop. 

#1000 Gifts
*sunshine and fresh air 
*homeschool outdoors 
*His grace even in the form of a flower
*sharing His fingerprints with my boys
*friends to bake with 
*park days 
*the chance to grow my boys - deep roots in Him 
*God's Word never fails 
*my roots - childhood spent hiding His Word in my heart 


No comments: