I join forces with my good friend Carrie @YoungLivingOilLady each week to bring you this family friendly recipe link up. It is our desire to encourage families to cook and eat together. Meals cooked at home are healthier, and time spent together in the kitchen is good for families!
We use Cooking 101 as part of our family homeschool. I’m teaching the boys to put together healthy family meals, life skills, and budgeting,as well as teaching them tips for cooking in the kitchen. We encourage real food vs. processed food. Let’s bring the family, back to the table!
Christmas in July Cookies:
We created a family reciep of fabulous "Spirit of Christmas" cookies. These are a summertime version of that yummy treat (sans nutmeg and "Christmas" spices). We love our Spirit of Christmas cookies and these are just as good for summer. We needed a fitting name for the new creation -
So. . . . . after a little bit of
we settled on "Christmas in July" cookies- cause these are just that good!
It's my take on an old classic- Hope you like em'!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 1 cap full of lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Add 2 heaping tbs cream cheese, add lemon extract and blend until smooth. Scoop rounded tablespoons of mixture and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
We are leaving the linky open all month for a more relaxed comfortable summer schedule!I will still post a new recipe each week and hope you will too.
Join us by linking up your favorite family recipes or tips for cooking with kids! Grab a button from below, on my sidebar, or use a text link back to Adventurez. Please visit another participant or more to help encourage each other. I’ll be visiting and Pinning away on our Kids in the Kitchen Pinterest board here. It’s a wonderful resource for finding yummy recipes the whole family will love. Enjoy your time in the kitchen this week!
I'm linking with these fine blogs: Titus 2 Tues The Better Mom Try New Recipe Happy LiL Hearts Hip Homeschool Hop Creative Mondays, Look what we did, Tasty Tuesday, TemptmyTummyTuesday, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Mighty Arrows, AddictedtoReci HomemakingWednesdays, LivingWellWednesday, NOBH,, Wisdom Wednesday , Favorite Things, Modest Mom, FullPlateThursday, MeltinyourMouthMonday, ShowOffFriday Tuesday'sTable, LookWhatWeDid , Titus 2sday, Mom's Monday Mingle, Monday Mingle, CraftySpices, CreatewithJoy, Thursday'sTreasures, TastyThursdays Wonderful Food Wednesday In&OutofKitchen