Sunday, September 9, 2012

Healthy Mom - Week #1 - my plan


Eating/Exercise Plan:  Moving my body despite Rheumatoid arthritis pain, Low Carb
We are all about getting out into nature to explore God’s creation. I’ve allowed pain from RA to keep me from moving my body like I’m supposed to. Although I’ve continued with our adventures – I’ve allowed myself to sit by on the sidelines. The past 2 years, I’ve gained weight and slowed down. It’s a vicious cycle and I’ve decided enough is enough. I’m going to keep my focus on getting healthier for God and family during this series instead of worrying about the scale. By eating better, cutting out sugar, eating higher protein, lower carbs and drinking the water I know my body needs–I will begin to feel better and the weight will follow the health. It’s a struggle for those who fight pain every day to keep moving. I've recently lost these battles, but I’m determined not to loose the war.


I've loaded the fridge with protein and veggies to get me started. I am determined to do some form of exercise each day - If I'm unable to swim or walk - I will do arm weights while sitting on the heating pad! 

Water - Water - Water is the plan to help me flush out toxins as I begin this journey. I have Citrus Fresh essential oils from my good friend Carrie @YoungLivingOilLady  and Lavender oil to rub on swollen,
painful joints to help me keep going. 

Instead of going cold turkey on the wheat and sugar- I am using organic spelt berries & grinding then to retain the nutrients and healthy benefits. I'll be mixing my own. Recipes shared on my pin board below and on my Kids in the Kitchen post each week. 

Speaking of kids - my 3 boys will be encouraging me on this journey. We may even do some family yoga! 
I want to be a good example to them and simply want to enjoy time in the great outdoors with them. 

Most of all - 
I want my body functioning at it's best highest level in order to serve them and my Lord better! 


Follow my Pinterest board and the group board for more recipes and tips: 

My Healthy Mom Series Board                                                       Group Board: 
30 Protein-Packed Small Meal Ideas Under 250 Calories                                              Prep ahead-salads in a mason jar!


Isaiah 41:10  fear not, for I am with you;  be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you,  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.




If you are a part of my personal 12 Week group - or have healthy tips to share - or want to join me- leave a comment and feel free to link up a post below - you don't have to blog it to participate - I have a private fb group where we are encouraging and sharing our journey - Several friends who also suffer chronic pain are joining me as we work hard to get healthier! Please  Pray for us! 

My friend Hyacynth @UndercoverMother is helping to mentor our group - you don't want to miss her "Prescription to Success" article - linked below!




No comments: